Whether you’re a frequent traveller or not, accidents and medical emergencies can happen anytime and anywhere. While many Canadians believe that their provincial health care cover them while travelling outside their home province or outside of the country, in many cases these plans cover less than 10% of the cost.
We offer the following travel insurance options from Manulife and Tugo:
- Out of province/out of country travel insurance for Canadians
- Visitors to Canada travel insurance
- Student travel insurance
Travelling Canadians can choose from the following options:
- Single-trip plan: Provides coverage for one trip for the number of days purchased.
- Multi-trip plan: Provides coverage for an unlimited number of trips during the policy year for the number of days purchased. Options of 4, 10, 18, 30 or 60 day plans.
- All-inclusive Plan: Provides coverage for emergency medical, trip cancellation and interruption, baggage loss, delay and damage, flight accident and travel accident. Available in single trip or multi-trip
- Travel Canada: Provides emergency medical insurance if all travel is within Canada at 50% off the regular single-trip emergency medical plan rates.
- Trip cancellation/interruption plan: Provides coverage if you are unable to travel or your trip is interrupted due to a covered event. This coverage must be purchased within seven (7) days of booking your trip or before any cancelation penalties are chargeable for that trip.
Emergency medical insurance for visitors to Canada is ideal for:
- Visitors to Canada
- Canadians who are not eligible for benefits under a government insurance plan
- Persons who are in Canada on a work visa
- New immigrants who are awaiting government health insurance plan coverage
Student travel insurance is important for:
- Full-time Canadian students studying abroad
- Full-time Canadian students studying in a different province
- Full-time International student studying within Canada
It provides for emergency medical coverage and coverage for non-emergency medical benefits such as: annual medical examination, annual eye examination, maternity benefit, accident death or dismemberment.